After the crazy, awful work week that I had, I needed some happiness. Well, enter the weekend, and finishing a few knitted gifts that I’ve been working on!
This weekend, the three of us headed to Montpellier for one of my favorite small re-enactments. We weren’t able to stay the entire time, but I had fun visiting everyone in the 49th Virginia, and showing off Little Miss’s new dress!
It was a collaborative effort to get this dress finished in time. While I did the bulk of the sewing, my awesome Mom helped quite a bit, guiding me through techniques and short-cuts, as well as hand-sewing hook and eyes on the dress on Friday night. The dress turned out fantastic and I’m really proud of it. It’s a little big, which is fine; I provided enough growth tucks in this thing to last Little Miss a couple of years!
Another fun aspect of the event this year was seeing our friend, Mandi, and celebrating her baby shower! It was tea party themed, and a lot of fun. I wasn’t able to stay the whole time (someone was getting cranky and nearing nap and meal time,) but I can share the adorable sweater that I knit for her baby-to-be.
- Project : Delta Dawn
- Pattern : “Twinkle, Vintage Baby Cardigan” by Guro (Ravelry link only)
- Yarn : Bittersweat Woolery Glamour Gams in ‘Dawn’
- Made For : Mandi’s baby-to-be
Lastly, I finished another Top Secret, Christmas Knitting Project. This pair of socks has been sitting for a while, and I felt it was high time to finish them.
- Project : Christmas Knitting Project #3
- Pattern : It’s a mash-up. I used the rib pattern from “Malabrigo Head Thingie” and the heel pattern from “Nanner Socks”
- Yarn : The Dye Guy Socky-Talky ‘Comfort Cuisine Rice Pilaf’
There were a lot of fun to knit, and truly a ‘no think’ project that was easy to take anywhere!
What are your plans for this weekend?